"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."


- Michael J. Jackson -

29.08.2026

When Life Becomes a Blur… and Food Smells Become Inappropriate

The last few days have truly been a blur.

From the first messages that our beloved King Harald's health had gotten worse… that things were serious… and that we all slowly began to understand what direction this might be taking... 

To me, someone who normally barely watches the news at all, suddenly watching the news all day, almost camping in front of the TV. 

With worry in my eyes.

And in my soul.

And then yesterday happened.

I actually woke up at around 06:40 in the morning. For absolutely no reason. I remember lying there, wondering why on earth I was awake so early.

Only later did I learn that the King had passed away at 06:35.

And somehow… that moment stayed with me.

The rest of the day became another day of watching the news far more than I normally would. Listening. Watching. Feeling. Crying. Trying to take in something that somehow still didn't feel quite real.

So yes.

It has been a blur.

And honestly, one can probably go slightly crazy from watching too much news and living inside your own emotions for several days. You lose track of time. Days start blending together.

Like I actually did 🙈

I knew it was the 28th of August when I woke up.

But later in the day, after being emotional, crying, having my brain somewhere out in space and generally existing in what I can only describe as emotional fog mode…

Somehow I became convinced it was already the 29th.

Why?

Don't ask me.

My brain had apparently packed its bags and gone on holiday without telling me.

The result?

I posted the anniversary post I had made for a friend's song…

ONE. DAY. TOO. EARLY.

🙈🙈😆😆

Oops... 

But apparently, my distant brain wasn't quite finished embarrassing me.

Because today, when I went grocery shopping, I discovered that I had apparently been equally distant the last time I used the car.

I opened the car door.

Sat down.

Closed the door.

And THEN…

I pressed the unlock button on my car key.

...

Yes.

You read that correctly.

I was already sitting INSIDE the car.

And I unlocked it.

🤣🤣🤣

Talk about being distant and in another world 😆🙈 

Oh well... 

Let's hope normality slowly returns. That life stops feeling like one long, emotional blur. That I find my brain again. Preferably before I start putting milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge.

But more importantly…

I hope that even when life feels blurry, the beautiful moments don't disappear with it.

The important little glimpses.

The moments worth remembering.

The moments worth keeping.

I hope they don't get lost somewhere inside the fog.

Because life is made of those moments.


And speaking of life's important moments… 🤣

Have you ever walked past a smell in public that made you make a sound that was perhaps…

Not entirely suitable for public?

😆😆🤣🤣

You know those moments when someone suddenly turns their head and looks around, trying to figure out who on earth is making inappropriate noises, doing inappropriate things, in the middle of a public place?

Well…

Story of my life 😂

You see, I was apparently blessed, or cursed, depending on the situation, with an extra strong sense of smell. Extra strong senses in general... 

Which means that when I walk past something that smells goooood…

Like REALLY good…

My body sometimes reacts before my brain has time to remind me... 

"Merry. You are in public. Behave yourself."

And suddenly there I am, walking past a restaurant, bakery or food stand, making sounds that would probably make innocent children ask their parents uncomfortable questions.

🙈😆

Oops.

But honestly?

I kind of love that about life.

The fact that a smell can stop you in your tracks.

That food can smell so good that your entire soul reacts with euphoria before your brain catches up.

That something as simple as delicious food or a beautiful scent can create a tiny little moment of pure joy. Pure... Euphoric.... Ecstacy.... And joy... 

Maybe that is part of what it means to truly love life's golden moments.

To allow yourself to feel them.

To smell them.

To taste them.

To laugh at yourself when your brain forgets what day it is.

To accidentally unlock a car while already sitting inside it.

To cry when something touches your heart.

To laugh when life makes you ridiculous.
And also that... To allow yourself to actually laugh, even when the rest of the world does not... 

And yes…

Sometimes to make slightly inappropriate noises when walking past really, REALLY good food.

🤣🤣🤣

Because perhaps life isn't always meant to be perfectly organized.

Perhaps sometimes it's meant to be a little blurry.

A little emotional.

A little chaotic.

A little embarrassing.

And completely, wonderfully human.

As long as we don't let the beautiful moments disappear in the blur.

And if you ever see me looking confused, unlocking an already unlocked car while making inappropriate noises at the smell of wonderful scents… don't worry. I'm not broken. I'm just experiencing life in high definition 🤣❤️

Blog you later ❤️ 

- Merry


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar