I have been very tired lately. Struggled with a bad migraine the whole day yesterday. One that softened it's grip a little in the evening.
Sometimes one is just tired of surviving. Of coping. Of... Tolerating... Or... Of the pressure one lives in...
But...I found myself being inspired... Again.... By eyes yet again...
I know I already wrote about eyes further above... But I do feel eyes are truly a world that will never be explored enough.
But... Someone inspired me yesterday to think about one of my absolute favourite things again.
Eyes.
Really… eyes.
I have always found them fascinating.
Because what haven't my eyes witnessed throughout all these years?
How many sunsets have they watched?
How many faces have they memorized? Beautiful faces non the less..
How many places have they travelled through?
How many moments have they held onto, even when my mind later forgot the details?
And how many tears have they cried?
Some tears came from happiness.
Some from heartbreak.
Some from frustration.
Some from simply being overwhelmed by everything life can sometimes be.
My eyes have seen things I wish they hadn't.
And they have seen things I never want to forget. Also things I unfortunately never will forget...
They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul.
Maybe there is some truth to that.
Because sometimes, when you really look into someone's eyes, it feels like you are being given a tiny glimpse through a door.
Not into the person they show the world.
But into the person underneath.
Their fears.
Their softness.
Their sadness.
Their joy.
Their secrets.
Their history.
Their whole strange, beautiful inner world.
And honestly?
That can feel incredibly intimate.
There is something about allowing someone to truly meet your gaze that makes me feel almost naked.
Vulnerable.
Because you can hide behind words.
You can choose what you say.
You can smile when you're hurting.
You can say, "I'm fine," when you're absolutely not.
But eyes?
Eyes have a terrible habit of telling the truth.
And when two people's eyes meet and neither one looks away…
That is something else entirely.
It can be intimate.
It can be scary.
It can feel like suddenly there is nowhere left to hide.
And sometimes…
You drown.
Not intentionally.
Your body just has its ways.
You find yourself looking into someone's eyes a little longer than you meant to.
And suddenly you're not thinking about what you're supposed to say anymore.
You're simply there.
Looking.
Feeling.
Wondering what it is about this particular pair of eyes that makes it so difficult to look away.
Maybe that's why I find eyes so fascinating.
No two are ever truly the same.
Even eyes that look like the same colour can contain completely different worlds.
One blue can hold the ocean.
Another can hold the sky.
One can look cold from a distance and feel warm when you get close.
One can carry storms.
Another can carry sunlight.
And then there are the tiny details.
The little lines.
The colours hiding underneath the obvious colour.
The patterns radiating out from the pupil.
The tiny imperfections that make them completely yours.
Sometimes I imagine what it would look like if two people's irises could actually merge.
Not just placed beside each other.
But mixed.
Swirled together.
Like two completely different worlds colliding and becoming something neither could have created alone.
I imagine the colours bleeding into each other.
The patterns intertwining.
The darkness meeting the light.
The tiny details of one iris becoming part of another.
It wouldn't just be an eye anymore.
It would be a painting.
A piece of art.
A landscape made from two people.
Maybe that's what happens, in a strange way, when we truly meet someone.
We leave little pieces of ourselves behind.
A colour.
A memory.
A feeling.
A moment.
Something they didn't have before they met us.
And maybe they leave something behind in us too.
A new shade we didn't know existed.
A new pattern.
A new way of seeing.
Perhaps that's why eyes have always fascinated me.
Because when I look into them, I don't just see eyes.
I see possibilities.
I see stories.
I see places I have never been.
And sometimes, if I'm lucky…
I see a little piece of the person standing on the other side of the gaze.
And maybe that's the most intimate journey of all.
Looking into someone's eyes…
And wondering what worlds are waiting to be discovered there.
Yeah... Well... That was just me rambling about... Or thinking out loud. If you read this far, thank you for your determination 🤣❤️
- Merry -
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar