"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."


- Michael J. Jackson -

23.08.2026

Let's talk Fortnite

Apparently I Don't Understand Fortnite

So apparently, my son and I had one of those discussions today where I started out completely confident that I knew what I was talking about… and somehow ended up being told I was wrong no matter what I said 😂

The subject?

Fortnite.

Of course.

Now, I have quite a few skins in Fortnite. And today I casually said that I had only bought two skins.

Two.

That's it.

The two skins I actually went into the Item Shop and bought directly because I wanted those specific skins. I didn't buy a bundle. I didn't buy passes. I didn't accidentally get them through something else. I saw them, liked them and bought them.

Simple, right?

Apparently not 😂

Because according to my son, I was wrong. According to him, that is not possible.

I explained that all my other skins were skins I had earned or unlocked through playing. I've played, gained XP, leveled up, unlocked Battle Pass rewards and collected skins along the way.

But nope.

Still wrong. Of course. When is there a world when Mom is right, huh? 🤣🤣 

And this is where I started wondering if we were actually having two completely different conversations.

Because when I say, “I only bought two skins,” what I mean is:

I have only directly gone into the Item Shop and bought two individual skins. With real money. 

The rest?

I earned them. Or unlocked them.

Yes, some of them came through Battle Passes. Yes, you might need to buy a Battle Pass to access certain rewards. I understand that.

But I didn't go into the shop and say:

"Oh, I want THAT skin. Let me buy it."

I played for them.

I gained XP.

I leveled up.

I unlocked them.

So surely I'm allowed to say I earned those skins?

Apparently my son disagrees 😂

And honestly, this is one of those funny moments where you suddenly realize that arguing with your own child can feel like debating with a lawyer.

Every sentence you say gets analysed.

Every word gets questioned.

Every explanation gets turned around.

Me: “I've only bought two skins.”

Him: “No, that's wrong.”

Me: “But I earned the others?”

Him: “No.”

Me: “I literally played the game and unlocked them!”

Him: “But technically…”

Oh no.

Not the technically ðŸ˜‚

Because we all know that once someone brings “technically” into an argument, things are about to get complicated.

So now I'm sitting here wondering…

Am I actually wrong?

Or are we simply using different definitions?

Because in my world, there is a difference between buying a skin directly from the Item Shop and earning or unlocking a skin by playing the game.

And yes, maybe somewhere in Fortnite logic there is a complicated explanation involving V-Bucks, Battle Passes, rewards and whatever other technical details my son probably knows better than me. Cause of course he is the expert 🤣 

But I still stand by what I said.

I have directly bought two skins.

The rest?

I worked for those pixels 😂 Every single one. 

I gained the XP.

I did the quests.

I leveled up.

I unlocked things.

I put in the hours. One would say actually Too many hours. 

So unless Fortnite suddenly starts paying me a salary for my hard work, I think I'm allowed to say I earned them 😂🎮

And honestly?

This is probably the real lesson here.

Never argue about Fortnite with your child.

Especially when your child has decided that you are wrong before you've even finished your first sentence.

Because apparently, no matter what I say...

Mum is wrong.

Even about her own Fortnite skins 😂


Till next time... 


- Merry - 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar