"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."


- Michael J. Jackson -

26.08.2026

Of Peacocks, Silver Foxes and Grey Hairs

Have you ever thought about something so completely random that you suddenly stop and wonder... 

Wait… why is that actually a thing?”

Yeah. I have.

I have been that person for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was old enough to actually think, my brain has apparently been collecting strange questions, deep thoughts, theories, possibilities and completely unnecessary mysteries of the universe. I always wanted to know everything

And one thought that keeps returning every now and then is this... 

Of all the creatures ever made… why are the males so often prettier than the females?

Seriously!

Look at birds. The males are walking around looking like they are dressed for the Met Gala. Bright colours. Shiny feathers. Fancy tails. Patterns. Sparkles. Meanwhile, the females are often standing there in fifty shades of brown like... 

"Yeah, I'm just here."

😂😂😂🤣🤣 

And it makes me wonder...

Why did it happen that way?

Was whoever created all of this a man?

Did he sit there, creating the universe, looking at his work and thinking... 

"Hmm... you know what? Let's make the males extra fabulous."

😂😂😂

Or maybe there is actually a logical explanation.

Maybe nature knew that if the females were going to choose a mate, the males had better put in some effort.

So the females got standards...

And the males got glitter.

Honestly, that sounds about right.

And before anyone says, "But humans are different!"

ARE WE?!

Because this whole thought started today for one very simple reason... 

My grey hairs are showing again.

And apparently, that means it's time to colour my hair.

Because when I see those little grey hairs popping up, I'm like... 

"Absolutely not. Who invited you? Leave."

Meanwhile, a man gets three silver hairs around his temples, his beard or anywhere and suddenly everyone is like.. 

"Ooooh... distinguished."
"Silver fox."
"That is so sexy."

Excuse me?!

I get grey hairs and look like I need to book an emergency appointment at the hairdresser.

A man gets grey hairs and apparently turns into George Clooney.

How is that fair?! 😂

Maybe it's just me being weird. Maybe women actually look at their own grey hairs and think “Ooooh, distinguished!” too.

I don't know.

All I know is that I started the day thinking about colouring my hair...

And somehow ended up questioning the entire design of the animal kingdom, the universe, evolution, the Big Bang, the creators possible gender and whether male peacocks are basically just nature's influencers.

And honestly...

People say an active brain never hurt anyone.

But mine?

Mine clearly needs adult supervision sometime 😂😂😂... 

- Merry - 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar