"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."


- Michael J. Jackson -

14.08.2026

A strange coincidence

I Was Meant to Find You

"And I was meant to find you,
Meant to be right here...
Watching our shadow
And it started to disappear.
Like a missing piece falling into place,
I found my meaning in your beautiful face.
The universe was pulling in a very thin line,
Until your heart was beating right next to mine.
I was meant to find you."

Today, I was putting together a video.

Nothing particularly profound. Nothing carefully planned. I was simply doing what I often do, editing, choosing, creating and similar ... and somehow, a random sound was automatically added to it.

Then I heard it.

And as I watched the video with those words playing in the background, tears suddenly filled my eyes.

I just sat there thinking...

How can something that was added so randomly feel so right?

Because underneath everything, those words touched something I have felt for a long time.

Maybe I really was meant to find... certain people... 

Not necessarily because they were meant to stay forever. Not necessarily because every connection is meant to become something we can name.

But perhaps because we were meant to cross paths.

Some people enter our lives and bring light into places that had been dark for far too long.

Some teach us things we didn't know we needed to learn... 

Some show us parts of ourselves we had forgotten existed.

Some arrive when we need someone to remind us that we are still capable of laughing, caring, dreaming, creating, trusting... 

And maybe, sometimes, we enter someone else's life for exactly the same reason.

Maybe the universe doesn't always bring people together because they are meant to belong to each other.

Maybe sometimes it brings them together because, for a little while, they need each other.

Maybe I was meant to find certain people because they had something to give me.

Maybe I was meant to find others because I had something to give them.

Maybe some needed my love.

Maybe some needed my kindness.

Maybe some simply needed someone to believe in them.

And maybe I needed them just as much as they needed me.

I don't know.

Perhaps that's the beautiful, and and yet frustrating, part of it.

We don't always get to know why someone was placed in our path.

Sometimes we only understand it much later.

Sometimes we never understand it at all.

But there are people I have met who have left fingerprints on my heart. Very deep ones too. People who changed something in me simply by existing in my life.... In whatever way... 

And when I heard those words today... 

"I was meant to find you." 

... I think they hit me so hard because, somewhere underneath all the doubt and all the questions, this is how some of those encounters have felt.

Like finding a missing piece without even realizing you had been searching for it.

Like two paths somehow crossing at exactly the right moment. The right time, when I needed it the most.... Or maybe they did... 

Like the universe drawing a thread so thin you could almost mistake it for coincidence.

And perhaps it was coincidence.

Perhaps it wasn't.

I don't think I need to know.

I only know that some people arrive and something inside us quietly says... 

There you are.

And maybe that's enough.

I almost posted the video.... with that sound. 

But then I hesitated. I found I did not dare to... 

Because I knew how easily people could misunderstand it, the words and all. They might hear them and assume they were about one particular kind of love... And get the wrong ideas. Assume things. 

And maybe that's why I saved it instead... 

Because sometimes something can be deeply meaningful to you without needing to be explained to everyone else.

So the video stayed in my drafts.

But the feeling stayed with me.

And perhaps that's what mattered... It was a reminder... A window to the past... 

Because maybe I really was meant to find you... 

And you... 

And you... 

And all the people whose paths somehow crossed mine.

Maybe every one of those encounters carried a little piece of a story I haven't finished understanding yet.

And maybe, someday, I'll look back and realize that none of it was as random as it seemed.

Or maybe I'll never know.

Either way...

I'm grateful I found you.


- Merry - 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar