"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."


- Michael J. Jackson -

25.08.2026

Somewhere Beyond the Sky

Good morning...

Today I woke up to my alarm, as usual. Today's song was Angel by Christian Castro, and just like that... the carousel keeps turning.

While driving my daughter to school, I could feel the chill in the morning air. Only ten degrees. Which, honestly, probably isn't that cold.

But it's cold enough for my body to say "Absolutely not." 

Still... the sun was shining. The sky was blue. And really, I can't complain.

I have this habit of looking up at the sky. Looking for the birds. Watching them fly and wondering where they're going.

And dreaming that maybe I could go too.

Somewhere warmer.

Imagine it for a moment.

You're lying beside a pool somewhere. Your feet are in the water. You're holding a cocktail in your hand... maybe a sangría. Maybe a Sex on the Beach... 

There are no expectations.

No pressure.

No one needing you to drive them somewhere. Pick them up. Fix something. Remember something. Be somewhere.

Nothing.

Just... you.

Being you.

Wouldn't that be an amazing feeling?

I tend to escape there in my mind whenever the temperature drops. Whenever my world gets too loud. Too messy. Too chaotic.

I have so many dreams.

Dreams I never really allowed myself to consider before. I never dared. 

Travelling.

Seeing the world.

Maybe even living somewhere else for a while.

Tasting food that feels completely foreign to my tongue. Sitting somewhere with good music playing. Enjoying a good drink. Meeting people. Seeing places I have only ever seen in pictures.

And always, always laughing out loud.

Really laughing. Life is never worth any of it, without laughter. 

Living the life I never quite dared to dream about before.

The beautiful thing about dreams is that no one can take them away from us.

They live inside us.

So sometimes, I look up at the sky and let it guide me... 

There is a Disney song that says something about making a wish... and maybe that's what I do.

When it gets colder.

When life gets loud.

When my world feels messy and chaotic.

I make a little wish.

A wish that maybe there is something more for us than this.

And then I allow myself to imagine it.

The places I want to go.

The things I want to see.

The life I still want to live.

And somehow...

It feels a little better.

Mind over matter, they say.

Hmm...

Well...

Maybe.

But I think sometimes, dreaming is just another way of reminding yourself that your world is bigger than the one you're standing in right now.

And maybe one day...

I'll look up at the sky, see those birds flying somewhere warmer...

And instead of just dreaming about following them, 

I'll already be on my way.


- Merry - 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar