It's more than getting a haircut. It's about letting someone take care of you for a little while. Letting yourself be spoiled. Pampered. Feeling cared for. It's almost like a spa treatment, not for your whole body, but for your scalp, your hair... and maybe even your soul.
Yesterday, as I sat in the chair, I felt so relaxed that I could have fallen asleep while he gently worked his magic on my hair.
I've been going to the same hairdresser for more than 20 years. Life has a way of getting busy, and sometimes several years pass between my visits. This time was no different. I hadn't been there since 2021.
After bleaching my hair multiple times and turning it into every color of the rainbow on more than one occasion, it was definitely time to give it the love and care it deserved.
The funny thing is, I originally chose him over two decades ago for two very simple reasons. He was the only hairdresser who could wash my hair without getting water in my ears, and he was the only one who never disappointed me when it came to creating exactly the hairstyle I wanted. Somehow, he always got it right.
But over the years, I realized there was another reason I kept coming back.
His calm energy. His kindness. His presence. He always made me feel safe.
And that feeling never changed.
Yesterday felt like meeting an old friend again. As he cut my hair, we talked about my trip to London, summer plans, holidays, music, rock bands, bucket lists, life, and dreams of exploring the world.... Oh and also Disneyland, to which he had been this summer. At one point, he even dared to ask my age. I think he was curious because of our conversation and how I reflected on life, and my maturity might have been felt. Since I didn't "kill him" for asking a woman her age, he laughed and shared his own age too. We both had a good laugh.
All the while, he cared for my hair with such ease and attention that I almost forgot I was at a salon. It felt peaceful. Relaxing. Like pressing pause on life for an hour.
Yes, it was expensive.
And yes, it was absolutely worth every penny.
Sometimes, selfcare isn't about extravagant vacations or expensive gifts. Sometimes it's simply allowing yourself to slow down and let someone take care of you for a while.
I realized the last year, that I want to become better at choosing myself. At giving myself the love and care I so often give to everyone else.
Because I deserve it, too. Don't I?
And today?
My hair feels so incredibly light. Healthy. Soft.
And somehow... so do I ❤️
Before:
After:
- Merry -


Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar